• Home
  • Tag: 上海 躺采

Broadway Grosses: The Color Purple Pushes Da Button One Last Time

first_img The Tony-winning revival of The Color Purple played its final performance on January 8 to a thunderous house that included the Clintons, Anna Wintour and Leslie Odom Jr. While Cynthia Erivo no longer belts “and I’m here” on Broadway, she and her co-stars took their last bows celebrating the production’s best performing week. The musical grossed $1,173,670—more than 115% of its potential. Falsettos, Les Liaisons Dangereuses and The Encounter also concluded their runs this past week, and while they didn’t end on their highest note, the three productions did see a slight bump in sales with last week’s holiday surge and audiences’ last chance to catch them this weekend. Meanwhile, the top five spots on the board were taken by usual suspects: Hamilton, The Lion King, Wicked, Aladdin and The Book of Mormon. Just behind them was Jersey Boys (set to close on January 15).Here’s a look at who was on top—and who was not—for the week ending January 8:FRONTRUNNERS (By Gross)1. Hamilton ($2,456,491)2. The Lion King ($2,045,683)3. Wicked ($1,845,325)4. Aladdin ($1,550,638)5. The Book of Mormon ($1,446,662)UNDERDOGS (By Gross)5. Holiday Inn ($504,931)4. Les Liaisons Dangereuses ($442,767)3. The Encounter ($344,130)2. In Transit ($311,123)1. Jitney ($230,873)*FRONTRUNNERS (By Capacity)1. The Book of Mormon (102.57%)2. Hamilton (101.76%)3. Dear Evan Hansen (101.59%)4. The Color Purple (101.47%)5. The Lion King (100.03%)UNDERDOGS (By Capacity)5. Holiday Inn (84.78%)4. Kinky Boots (83.88%)3. The Encounter (83.00%)2. Les Liaisons Dangereuses (76.36%)1. On Your Feet! (72.09%)*Number based on seven preview performancesSource: The Broadway League Cynthia Erivo in ‘The Color Purple'(Photo: Matthew Murphy) View Commentslast_img read more

Pre-game protest planned after Wellington rugby player who bashed four people escapes conviction

first_img“This isn’t just a minor punch.”Meanwhile, Family First said today that it was requesting an appeal of the sentence.“If offenders don’t want to live with the consequences of their actions and the effects on their professional careers, then they should behave,” said National Director Bob McCoskrie. The case has attracted significant media attention, with the four victims and their families questioning why Filipo’s promising rugby career apparently helped him escape punishment.“The severity of the concussion could have long-term effects,” Kim Morgan, mother of victim Greg Morgan, told Newshub. TVNZ One News 27 September 2016A pre-game protest is planned against Wellington Rugby’s decision to keep on a player who was discharged without conviction following attacks on four people, including two women, in one night.Under-19 winger Losi Filipo had been charged with assault following an incident in central Wellington in October last year, when he was 17 and still at secondary school.Now 18, he was last month discharged without conviction in the District Court.center_img Mr McCoskrie said it was a “pathetic sentence for a prolonged and multi-victim attack which has had long-term consequences for the victims”.READ MORE: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/rugby/pre-game-protest-planned-after-wellington-rugby-player-bashed-four-people-escapes-convictionRugby star Losi Filipo’s victim living a nightmare after late-night punchNZ Herald 27 September 2016One of the women felled by a punch from a Wellington representative rugby player says her face is permanently scarred by the brutal attack and she’s too scared to walk to her local shops.Her comments come as a family group say they will appeal the decision to discharge Losi Filipo without conviction.Today a national family organisation weighed in saying it would be writing to the Solicitor General to appeal the sentence.Family First national director Bob McCroskrie said the sentence set a dangerous precedent and undermined a community resolve to stamp out violence.“This case involved significant violence towards both males and females. To be discharged without conviction is insulting and pathetic, and communicates that punishments and consequences will be determined by who you are rather than what you did,” said McCoskrie.READ MORE: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11717645Officials’ support for Losi Filipo ‘disgraceful’NewsHub 27 September 2016The Solicitor-General is looking into the case of Wellington Lions rugby player Losi Filipo following an outcry over him being discharged without conviction.In a response to a letter from Family First, in which they ask for an appeal of Judge Bruce Davidson’s sentence, Crown Law says it is now “looking into this matter”.It would not comment further.The letter, signed by national director Bob McCoskrie, calls the outcome of the case “pathetic”.In a one-line statement, police have told Newshub they will “take time” to consider the outcome of the court process.READ MORE: http://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/officials-support-for-losi-filipo-disgraceful-2016092708Solicitor-General ‘looking into’ Filipo dischargeNewsTalk ZB 27 September 2016The Solicitor-General’s office says it is looking into the discharge of a young rugby player without conviction after attacks on four people, including two women, in one night.On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for Crown Law said the Solicitor-General had become aware of the case in the last day due to media attention.“We are now looking into this matter and will not be commenting further at this time,” she said.Earlier, lobby group Family First said they would be writing to the Solicitor- General asking for an appeal, saying the sentence sent a dangerous message.READ MORE: http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/national/solicitor-general-looking-into-filipo-discharge/Crown Law weighs inWellington Rugby terminates Losi Filipo’s contract after assault case outrageStuff.co.nz 27 September 2016Wellington Rugby and Losi Filipo have announced that they have mutually agreed to the termination of his contract.Filipo, 18, withdrew himself from the Wellington Lions 2016 Mitre 10 Cup squad on Tuesday in a move that Wellington Rugby said he hoped would go some way towards helping the victims of his assault move on with their lives.It came at the end of a day of increasing pressure on the union from the public and from the victims of the assault.The solicitor-general confirmed her office would investigate the circumstances behind Filipo being let off assault charges.But on Tuesday Crown Law confirmed it would investigate the case.That came after Family First wrote to Solicitor-General Una Jagose requesting an appeal of the decision by Crown Law.READ MORE: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/84686129/assault-victim-calls-for-wellington-rugby-to-drop-losi-filipolast_img read more

ICC World Cup ICC World Cup 2019, Australia vs Bangladesh: When and Where to watch

first_imgNew Delhi: In the 26th match of the ICC World Cup 2019, defending champions Australia to face Bangladesh at the Trent Bridge in Nottingham. Aaron Finch chose to bat and they have included Marcus Stoinis and Adam Zampa in the side. David Warner and Aaron Finch continued their fine form as they took the attack to the Bangladesh bowlers. Finch blasted his 24th fifty while David Warner continued his great form. Warner blasted his 16th century and second in the 2019 edition of the ICC Cricket World Cup as Australia made great progress. Warner blasted 150 and Glenn Maxwell chipped in with a blazing 32 off 10 balls. However, Soumya Sarkar chipped in with three wickets but Australia still ended on 381/5 and Bangladesh will have an uphill task. Bangladesh conceded 386/6 against England in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash in Cardiff.ICC World Cup 2019, 26th match: Australia vs BangladeshWhat time does the live coverage of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash between Australia vs Bangladesh start?The 26th match of the ICC World Cup 2019 between Australia vs Bangladesh will start at 03:00 PM IST.Where will the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash between Australia vs Bangladesh be played?The clash between Australia vs Bangladesh in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will be played at Trent Bridge in Nottingham.Where to watch online live streaming of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 game between Australia vs Bangladesh?You can watch the live streaming of the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash between Australia vs Bangladesh on Hotstar from 03.00 PM onwards.Also Read | ICC World Cup 2019: Australia vs Bangladesh Dream11 Prediction | Fantasy Playing XIWhen is the game between Australia vs Bangladesh in ICC Cricket World Cup 2019?The game between Australia vs Bangladesh in the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 will be played on Thursday, June 19.Where can I check the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash between Australia vs Bangladesh?You can follow Live updates and Live Score on english.newsnationtv.com. You can watch the live cricket match on Hotstar.Where can I watch the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019 clash between Australia vs Bangladesh?The match between Australia vs Bangladesh will be broadcast live on Star Sports 1, Star Sports Select HD. Hindi commentary will be available on Star Sports 1 Hindi. For all the Latest Sports News News, ICC World Cup News, Download News Nation Android and iOS Mobile Apps.last_img read more

Klopp wrestles with Liverpool’s midfield dilemma

first_img– Vulnerable –Liverpool, currently third in the Premier League, have not been as threatening a force as they were last season en route to the Champions League final.The midfield has looked particularly vulnerable in their past two matches, a 1-1 Premier League draw at Arsenal last Saturday and a surprisingly meek 2-0 Champions League group defeat at Red Star Belgrade on Tuesday.Neither Keita nor Fabinho played in Serbia, while their other major outfield signing of the summer, Xherdan Shaqiri, was left in England, amid concerns about the reception he would receive from the home supporters because of his Kosovan heritage.Klopp’s three-man midfield on Tuesday failed to distinguish itself, with hamstring injury victim Jordan Henderson clearly missed.James Milner’s error led to the home side’s second goal, with Georginio Wijnaldum shrugged aside too easily before Milan Pavkov scored. Adam Lallana, making a rare start, was anonymous.Fabinho was an unused substitute in Belgrade, having struggled against Arsenal, and is clearly not up to speed with the English game yet.Keita started well in England, then hit injury problems, as he suffered a back spasm during October’s Champions League defeat by Napoli, and a hamstring problem playing for Guinea.Klopp has shuffled around his midfield this season, but appears reluctant to repeat the experiment he tried in September’s Premier League win over Southampton, when Shaqiri was used in an advanced midfield role.The Switzerland international was substituted at half-time that day, because Klopp felt the match was too open.His best hope of regular game time now would appear to be as part of the attacking three, which means dislodging Salah, Firmino or Mane.Fabinho still has work to do to earn his starting spot too. Keita, though, will surely become a regular once he gets up to speed and a meeting with struggling Fulham could be the ideal place to start.Share on: WhatsApp Liverpool, United Kingdom | AFP | As Jurgen Klopp tries to maintain Liverpool’s challenge for the Premier League title, the need to sort out his midfield is becoming an increasingly pressing issue.A home match against bottom club Fulham on Sunday may just offer the opportunity to start to put that right by giving both Naby Keita and Fabinho crucial game time to build momentum and confidence.Both players were signed at great expense during the summer with a view to strengthening Liverpool’s midfield options.Keita was seen as a replacement for the attacking guile of Philippe Coutinho while Fabinho was viewed as the player to prove a defensive shield following Emre Can’s departure.Neither has yet managed to establish themselves as a powerful presence in England, with Reds boss Klopp relying largely on the players used last season.Klopp has suggested both signings need time to settle in a new country, with Guinea international Keita arriving from German club RB Leipzig, and Brazilian Fabinho joining from French Ligue 1 side Monaco.While it is understandable that neither player would hit the ground running, the need for them to find form has become more urgent, given the lack of creative spark in Liverpool’s midfield.If the front three of Mohamed Salah, Roberto Firmino and Sadio Mane have failed to hit last season’s heights, the same is true of the midfield, where the injured Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain has been sorely missed.Liverpool defender Andy Robertson has seen the difference for himself.“Last season everyone was used to us scoring four or five goals. That can’t be possible every single game,” Robertson said.“Maybe we are missing a bit of a spark in terms of not winning 4-0 or 5-0 in most games but if the manager thinks that then we need to try to get it back.“We need to come together as a team and try to give what the gaffer wants, try to get the spark and try to win games more comfortably.”last_img read more

Person who tested positive for coronavirus attended a church service and exposed 180 people, officials say

first_imgA person who ended up testing positive for COVID-19 attended a California religious service on Mother’s Day, exposing 180 other people to the virus, according to health officials.The person tested positive the very next day after the service, and they are now in isolation at home, Butte County Public Health said in a statement Friday.Health officials reached out to those who attended the service and they are all required to self-quarantine. Officials are working to get testing for everyone who was in attendance.As of Sunday afternoon, California had more than 78,800 cases of coronavirus, according to data from Johns Hopkins University. More than 3,200 people in the state have died.There has been a continuous back-and-forth argument between religious organizations and public officials as some congregations believe their groups should be allowed to meet despite the pandemic. However, some health officials are concerned that religious services will not help in slowing down the spread of coronavirus.last_img read more