WNY News Now Stock Image.HANOVER – Several out of state teens led sheriff deputies on a vehicle pursuit through parts of Chautauqua County overnight Tuesday.Sheriff deputies say at around 2:45 a.m. they observed a vehicle speeding on Routes 5 and 20 in the Town of Hanover.Deputies say they attempted to stop the vehicle for the traffic violation when the vehicle sped off heading west. Upon checking the vehicle’s registration tag deputies learned the car was reported stolen from Harrisburg Pennsylvania.The chase continued through the Towns of Hanover, Village of Silver Creek, Town of Sheridan, City of Dunkirk, Towns of Dunkirk, Pomfret, Portland and into Westfield. Sheriff deputies deployed spike strips on Route 5 in Westfield which flattened the front tires on the vehicle causing it to come to a stop.Inside the car deputies found six teenagers ranging from age 14 to 17. The teens were brought to the Sheriff’s Office in Mayville where their family members were contacted.Deputies say the adolescent offender driving the vehicle was charged with third-degree possession of stolen property. One of the teenagers was reported as a runaway from Pittsburgh Pennsylvania and was turned over to the custody of child protection services in Pennsylvania.All others were not charged and released to family members. No injuries or crashes occurred in the incident.Deputies say the owner of the vehicle was contacted and will be picking up his vehicle later this month. Share:Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
On 17 January, Brazilian Army helicopters sped up the tasks of rescue and bringing in supplies in areas impacted by the landslides and floods that have left at least 655 dead and contacted people who had been isolated for several days. A helicopter rescued five people in the morning, the Air Force said in a statement, due to the fact that improved weather conditions allowed the aircraft to fly more easily over the most affected areas, located around one hundred kilometers north of Río de Janeiro. Hundreds of people are believed to still be in areas at risk of new landslides, some of them isolated by washed-out roads and bridges, while others are refusing to leave for fear that their homes might be looted. The Army is operating four helicopters from an improvised base at the Brazilian national soccer team’s training field in Teresópolis. Heavy rains led to one of the worst natural disasters in Brazil’s history during the second week in January, when an avalanche of mud, water, and rocks leveled towns and villages in the picturesque region. The poorest residents, who lived in precarious homes, suffered the worst of the tragedy. The death toll has continually risen as rescue workers have dug more bodies out from under the mud and debris. The authorities have not issued an official estimate of the number of missing, but the local newspaper Folha de São Paulo said Monday that 120 people had not been found. Some residents have complained about what they characterize as a slow response by the authorities in sending basic supplies to isolated communities and helping those affected to dig out their deceased relatives and friends. “We want to go. We have no news, we don’t know whether our relatives have died,” Paulo da Silva, one of forty residents of an isolated area, told Folha de São Paulo. On 16 January, a new landslide near Petrópolis left three people dead, the local press reported, making evident the risks inherent in the forecasts of more rain for the region in coming days. By Dialogo January 19, 2011
continue reading » by: Bill PrichardAs CO-OP’s “Empowering People. Amplifying Dreams” initiative enters 2015, we have introduced a new blog focusing on financial literacy, and we continue to add to our “People Like You” profiles of Millennial credit union members.Empowering People. Amplifying Dreams is an integrated content marketing and social media campaign developed on behalf of our clients to help consumers – especially Millennials – better understand how credit unions empower individuals to achieve their financial goals.The new blog – launched in December – focuses on the “how-to’s” of establishing a long-term, secure financial future. This includes education on the products and services of credit unions as well as on the mission and values of the entire movement.The Empowering People. Amplifying Dreams website at http://co-opcreditunions.org serves as the initiative’s content hub, and provides convenient access to the CO-OP Credit Unions Twitter feed –@innovatebanking – in addition to icons leading to Facebook and Tumblr.Here’s the blog entries that have appeared so far in 2015 at CO-OP Credit Unions. You might start with finding out “What Kind of Millennial Are You?” – even if you were born before 1980!How Entrepreneurial Are You?https://co-opcreditunions.org/entrepreneurial/ ShareShareSharePrintMailGooglePinterestDiggRedditStumbleuponDeliciousBufferTumblr
NZ Herald 23 Sep 2012An intermediate school pupil selling himself for sex and a boarding house allegedly playing host to hookers have the residents of a notorious prostitution hotspot in Auckland city pleading for help.In Hunters Corner, Papatoetoe, security officer Mou Fameitau on Monday night saw a fa’afafine – males who behave as females – no older than 13 prostituting himself, dressed in the uniform of a local intermediate school.“He works there,” Fameitau said. “We caught him during the day. He recognised me and ran off into an alleyway.”Fameitau, hired by the Hunters Corner Town Centre Society, counted 27 street workers on Monday. Half were women, the others fa’afafine.Some locals said the situation was escalating. As many as 40 prostitutes were now working in the area on busy nights.Auckland councillor George Wood said prostitutes had now moved into a boarding house on Kolmar Rd.John McCracken, chair of Otara-Papatoetoe Local Board, said Kolmar House was formerly a halfway house for intellectually challenged patients.“It’s now essentially a free-for-all boarding house.”http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=10835868
Share Share FaithInternationalLifestylePrint Priest in ‘indecent images’ row at primary school in Pomeroy by: – April 2, 2012 Share Sharing is caring! 42 Views no discussions Tweet Father Martin McVeigh said he had no knowledge of the imagesAn investigation is under way after indecent images were “inadvertently” shown by a Catholic priest during a presentation at a primary school in County Tyrone.Father Martin McVeigh projected the images onto a screen during a meeting for parents in Pomeroy in preparation for First Holy Communion. One child was also present.Parents said 16 indecent images of men were displayed. The priest said he had no knowledge of the offending imagery.Cardinal Sean Brady said the PSNI had indicated that no crime had been committed.The incident occurred during a meeting at St Mary’s School in Pomeroy on 26 March.According to a statement from the parents, the images were projected onto the screen from a memory stick the parish priest had inserted into a computer before the presentation.The parents said Fr McVeigh quickly removed the memory stick.Cardinal Sean Brady said the PSNI indicated a crime had not been committed“He was visibly shaken and flustered,” said the parents. “He gave no explanation or apology to the group and bolted out of the room. The co-ordinator and the teachers then continued with the presentation.“The meeting continued in his absence, however, the parents who viewed the pictures were horrified and distracted. “Twenty minutes later he returned, he continued with the meeting and wrapped up by saying that the children get lots of money for their Holy Communion and should consider giving some of it to the church.”In a statement on Monday, Cardinal Brady, the head of the Catholic Church in Ireland, said “inappropriate imagery was inadvertently shown by a priest at the beginning of a Powerpoint presentation, causing concern to those present.“This was immediately removed from the screen.“The priest has stated that he had no knowledge of the offending imagery. The archdiocese immediately sought the advice of the PSNI who indicated that, on the basis of the evidence available, no crime had been committed.“The priest is co-operating with an investigation of the matter on the part of the archdiocese.”BBC News
Batesville, In. — Good news from our friends at the Batesville Memorial Pool- THE SLIDE IS FIXED. The pool opens at noon Monday through Friday and at 1 p.m. on Saturday and Sunday.For information about season passes or private rentals please call 812-934-5520.
Sherry Ann Warner, 72, Westport, Indiana, passed away on Friday, January 17, 2020 at her residence. Born September 9, 1947 in Greensburg, Indiana, she was the daughter of Frank Layman and Mary Louise (Wallace) Morgan. Sherry graduated from Clarksburg High School in 1965. She graduated in 1968 from the Methodist Hospital Nursing School in Indianapolis and graduated from St. Francis College in 1993 with a bachelor’s degree in nursing. She worked 4 years at the Indianapolis Motor Speedway in the infield hospital as a nurse. She participated for many years in the Harvard Nurse Study. Sherry enjoyed sewing, knitting, reading, volunteering and gardening. She became a certified master gardener in 2010. She was a member of the Sandusky United Methodist Church. She is survived by one son, Thomas L. Warner, Jr., Greensburg; one daughter, Barbara Ann (David Hardcastle) Warner, Columbus; two sisters, Michelle (Robert) Fritch, Bedford, Suzanne Morgan, Columbus. She was preceded in death by her parents. Visitation will be held on Thursday, January 23, 2020 from 4 to 7:00 p.m. at the Porter-Oliger-Pearson Funeral Home in Greensburg. Funeral Services will follow at 7:00 p.m. Thursday with Rev. Jerran Jackson officiating. Interment will be held in the Clarksburg Cemetery at a later date. Memorials may be made to the Bartholomew County Garden Club or to the Foundation for Youth in Columbus. Online condolences can be made to the family at www.popfuneralhome.com
RelatedPosts Djokovic clinches fifth Italian Open title Djokovic zooms to 10th Italian Open final New South Wales offers to host Australian Open as Melbourne battles COVID-19 spike Twenty-time Grand Slam singles champion Roger Federer said Wednesday he would be sidelined until 2021 after undergoing his second knee operation in a matter of months.The 38-year-old Swiss said he needed follow-up arthroscopic surgery “a few weeks ago” after undergoing a similar procedure in February. Federer, whose last Grand Slam win was the 2018 Australian Open, said he “experienced a setback during (his) initial rehabilitation”.“I plan to take the necessary time to be 100 percent ready to play at my highest level,” the 38-year-old said in a statement on Twitter.“I will be missing my fans and the tour dearly but, I will look forward to seeing everyone back on tour at the start of the 2021 season.”The announcement is likely to renew speculation about retirement for Federer, who holds the record for men’s Grand Slam singles titles.Federer, whose first major trophy was in 2003, lies just ahead of his fierce rivals Rafael Nadal (19) and Novak Djokovic (17) in the all-time list. Tags: Australian OpenRafael NadalRoger Federer
Tony Martin’s charge was sent off the 5-4 favourite for his first try over hurdles, having been down the field in the Champion Bumper at Cheltenham and finishing second to stablemate Ted Veale on the level last time out. Ruby Walsh was happy to sit in behind on Blackmail as Tisamystery cut out the early running but once he moved to the front on the turn for home, there was little doubt about the result. A clean leap at the last sealed the victory and Blackmail powered away to win by 12 lengths from Enchanted Forest. Press Association Blackmail justified market support as he made a winning debut over obstacles in the 100,000 Euros Tote Pick Six Guarantee Maiden Hurdle, the opening event on day three of the Galway Festival. Martin and owner John Breslin were following up on Tuesday evening’s victory for Busted Tycoon. Breslin said: “Tony is the best, the master of them all. This horse jumped very well and Ruby gave him a fantastic ride. He’s a good horse – last night was good but today was exceptionally good.” Martin was pleased with his charge’s display and is already eyeing a trip to the Cheltenham Festival, saying: “He was very good. He boiled over at Cheltenham and probably shouldn’t have been in Punchestown after that. He’s not over-big but what he is is very agile and nimble. You’d like he’s a horse that’ll be going to Cheltenham again next March.” Walsh and Martin made it a double on the day as Victrix Gale ran out a convincing winner of the 40,000 Euros Tote Jackpot Guarantee Handicap Hurdle. The seven-year-old was switching back to the smaller obstacles after a couple of unsuccessful chase starts in Britain and she made short work of her rivals in this three-mile affair. While the soft ground may not have been ideal, 7-2 favourite Victrix Gale picked up after the last to win by a cosy seven lengths from Happy New Year with Your Busy back in third. Martin said: “I’m just happy that they’re running so well and it’s great that they’re winning. This mare won three last year. She ran very well at Perth on her comeback run and she then pulled muscles after a mistake she made at Uttoxeter. We were concerned about the ground but she did do a super bit of work last Friday.” Robbie Dunne executed an excellent piece of front-running riding as he made all aboard Pyrus Gold Wind in the Bet 10 Euros Get 10 Euros At thetote.com Handicap Hurdle. The 3lb claimer was positive from the off aboard Steve Mahon’s 25-1 shot, setting the early pace before kicking for home at the top of the straight. His rivals had little answer as Pyrus Gold Wind powered clear and while Wontbelongnow and Point The Toes tried to pursue him, Dunne had stolen the advantage to record a 12-length verdict in testing conditions. Mahon said: “He’s a little terrier. I felt he was highly rated beforehand but he’ll probably get a hike for this now.”
The 2020 Wimbledon has been canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.The All England Club announced after an emergency meeting that the oldest Grand Slam tournament in tennis would not be held in 2020. This is the first time the tournament has been canceled since WWII.Wimbledon was scheduled to be played on the outskirts of London from June 29 to July 12. The club says they are currently developing a plan to help support those who rely on the tournament for financial support.The club also said that all tickets will be refunded, and fans will be given the opportunity to purchase tickets for the same day and court during the 2021 tournament.