Sarri was concerned about playing the game before Chelsea flew to Boston (Picture: AP)Ruben Loftus-Cheek is a doubt for Chelsea’s Europa League final against Arsenal after limping off during a friendly victory over New England Revolution.Chelsea took on the MLS side in a post-season game in Boston, winning 3-0, with Maurizio Sarri raising concerns about playing the match so close to the final in Baku.And it appears Sarri’s worst fears have been realised as Loftus-Cheek hobbled off with an ankle injury.Loftus-Cheek twisted his ankle in the lumpy pitch at the Gillette Stadium, going off in the second half.ADVERTISEMENTRuben Loftus-Cheek on crutches after suffering a leg injury in Chelsea’s match vs. the New England Revolution tonight. #cfc pic.twitter.com/okxLi2XgL6— Jared Weiss (@JaredWeissNBA) May 16, 2019 The Englishman has been a vital performer in Chelsea’s Europa League campaign and could now miss the final.AdvertisementAdvertisementLoftus-Cheek was pictured leaving the stadium on crutches, with his foot in a protective boot.Sarri praised the friendly’s purpose after the game, as the Blues were in America as part of their ‘Say No To Antisemitism’ campaign. Advertisement Comment Loftus-Cheek appeared to suffer an ankle injury (Picture: AP)The Italian fielded a strong line-up, but again admitted the fixture was far from ideal with the Europa League final at the end of the month.He said: ‘Travelling so far away and returning Friday morning before a Sunday match is tough.’Ross Barkley scored a brace in the comfortable victory, with Olivier Giroud grabbing Chelsea’s second of the game.Sarri made six changes at half-time, with Loftus-Cheek one of the players to come off the bench.MORE: Chelsea make a decision over Juventus loanee Gonzalo Higuain’s future Advertisement Chelsea’s Ruben Loftus-Cheek injury doubt for Europa League final against Arsenal Coral BarryThursday 16 May 2019 6:58 amShare this article via facebookShare this article via twitterShare this article via messengerShare this with Share this article via emailShare this article via flipboardCopy link1.5kShares
Eunice Dreelan, chair of the Irish Association of Pension Funds (IAPF), has reiterated previous calls for Ireland’s government to appoint a dedicated pensions minister, after an exit poll at the recent general election showed that pensions was the third most important issue for voters.An exit poll carried out by Ipsos/MRBI on 8 February, polling day, found that health — mentioned by 32% of respondents – ranked top in terms of importance. Housing came next (26% of respondents) with pension age (8% of respondents) in third place.Issues ranking lower included jobs and climate change (6% each), taxation (4%) and childcare and crime (3% each).Addressing attendees at the IAPF annual dinner in Dublin last week, Dreelan said: “It is time that we had a minister whose primary responsibility is to ensure a simple, fair and equitable income system that will safeguard our older population for generations to come.” Other speakers told the audience that given the country already has ministers for housing and health, the next administration had a mandate to appoint a dedicated pensions minister.But Ireland’s immediate political future is unclear. Fianna Fail is now the largest party in terms of seats, narrowly ahead of Sinn Fein and Fianna Gael, the latter having previously run a minority administration.Talks about forming a new government are under way between the parties, but this is likely to be a long process.Meanwhile, the outgoing government remains in place in a caretaker capacity until a new government is formed, with Leo Varadkar continuing as prime minister. Regina Doherty remains minister for employment and social protection (EASP), despite losing her seat at the election.In her speech, Dreelan highlighted government initiatives to achieve financial security for workers in Ireland in retirement. These have included the roadmap for pension reform – published in early 2018 – and the consultation on auto-enrolment.Last October, the IAPF said only eight of the 36 actions which had been due to be performed since the unveiling of the roadmap had been carried out. Eunice Dreelan, chair of the IAPFDreelan said: “There has been very little progression and this is simply not good enough. However, neither is it good enough to suggest this is solely government’s responsibility, because in truth this responsibility rests with us all.”She said the IAPF was calling for the appointment of a pensions minister whose primary responsibility is to work with all stakeholders to implement the roadmap. It was also calling for the introduction of auto-enrolment. And she emphasised the need to focus on the sustainability of the national pensions system.Furthermore, Dreelan warned against reducing the state pension age – currently 66 – as this would have long-term and significant impacts on Ireland’s finances.The retirement age is due to rise to 67 from 1 January 2021, and to 68 on 1 January 2028.This became an important issue at the start of the election campaign, particularly since some retirees are receiving unemployment benefit, with payments stopped if any individual misses collecting payments for more than two weeks: many find this demeaning.Some political parties have committed to reducing the retirement age back to 65, with others promising to halt the increases in retirement age.The IAPF said it is planning a series of meetings with senior representatives from all stakeholder groups, such as unions, employers, political parties and government, over the coming weeks, to agree the path forward to “fixing” the current pension system.The Department of Employment Affairs and Social Protection confirmed that Doherty remains the minister for EASP until the next government is formed, but declined to make any further comment.
The U.S. Army Corps of Engineers, Wilmington District, last week awarded a construction contract for the Wilmington Harbor Anchorage Basin maintenance dredging project.The $1,000,027 contract was awarded to Southern Dredging Co., Inc.According to the Corps, the work includes maintenance dredging of upper Wilmington Harbor federal navigation channel reaches including the Anchorage Basin, Between Channel, and the North Carolina State Ports Authority (NCSPA) berth areas and Turning Basin Extension.The work will consist of removal and disposal of shoaled material that has accumulated in the channels and berth areas since the various areas were last dredged. The work will require a hydraulic cutter suction dredge, reported USACE.The estimated quantity of material that will be dredged during the works is 1.4 million cubic yards.The environmental window for dredging the NCSPA berth areas is 1 October 2018 through 31 January 2019. The environmental window for dredging the Wilmington Harbor federal navigation channel reaches is 1 August 2018 through 31 January 2019.
This is to ensure “efficiency and accuracy of contact tracing in case a passenger or passengers is later on found positive for COVID-19,” according to Gasataya. He added the rules already established to govern passenger manifests are very much helpful in the campaign against COVID-19, citing the importance of contact tracing to break the chains of its further spread and transmission./PN Gasataya, in a House resolution, appealed to Transportation Secretary Arthur Tugade to “establish rules [that] strictly require all common carriers involved in inter-island transport of passengers by land, water, or air, to prepare and record a detailed seat plan of their passengers. Gasataya said there is still a very high risk of infection of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) among passengers while in transit despite the observance of physical distancing and wearing of face masks. BACOLOD City – Cong. Greg Gasataya seeks to require all common carriers involved in inter-island transport of passengers to put up a detailed seat plan for passengers during the entire course of transit.
Sunman, IN—On Sunday, August 4, 2019, over 400 parishioners, alumni, students, staff and members of the community gathered to celebrate the blessing and dedication of the newly constructed Education Center at a ribbon-cutting ceremony. The ceremony included a blessing of the building and remarks by Archbishop Charles Thompson. Tours and a luncheon followed. The Education Center has officially opened its doors to the 2019-2020 school year! The new building replaces the former school which was built in 1881. St. Nicholas continues to achieve new heights of academic success and is now prepared for the continued growth of their school. The new facility includes nine classrooms, a combination library/music room, and a combination STEM lab/art room. The rooms will be used for St. Nicholas School, adult education, religious education programming, and other parish activities. An office suite will bring together parish, school, and religious education offices.Through the generosity of many families and many prayers offered, this completes Phase 1 of The Heritage Project. This project focuses on continuing the Catholic heritage of faith, demonstrating strong Christian values, and promoting Catholic education, service, and fellowship. Reverend Shaun Whittington, pastor, launched and spearheaded the Heritage Project. His ongoing, vigorous dedication has brought the parish and school to this milestone. Fundraising continues for Phase 2, which focuses on a new Fellowship Center including a gym and cafeteria. The center will house many school and parish-wide activities, ministries, and large community functions. For more information, please visit our website: www.stnicholas-sunman.org
Samara, July 8: The 2018 FIFA World Cup now has its four semi-finalists after a typically thrilling set of quarter-finals. Here are four things we learned as eight contenders for the title were reduced to four, reports Xinhua news agency:1. Courage can only take you so far: Russia bowed out of the World Cup in a heroic and painful style following a penalty shootout against Croatia. Right now the Russians will be feeling the disappointment of their exit, but they should be proud of a squad of players who performed well above themselves and allowed their supporters to dream. The win against Spain was a minor miracle and fruit of their hard-work, courage and a necessary bit of luck. But if you want to get into the last 4 you need a bit more than that and a talented Croatia deserved to progress.2. Let’s talk about goalkeepers: The World Cup tends to be about strikers: Messi, Ronaldo, Neymar, Lukaku and Harry Kane, but the quarter-finals have been as much about goalkeepers as attackers. Belgium’s Thibaut Courtois made a string of brilliant saves to keep Brazil at bay, England’s Jordan Pickford made three magnificent stops to keep Sweden out, Hugo Lloris made out a great save against Uruguay for France when the score was still 0-0 and Danijel Subasic was once again an intimidating presence in the penalty shootout as Croatia got past Russia. Keepers win you matches just as much as strikers.3. Be flexible: Belgium coach Roberto Martinez produced a masterstroke to help his side beat Russia, swapping the 3-4-2-1 he has used for most of the World Cup, for a 4-3-3 against Brazil. The different formation allowed Belgium to stretch Brazil down the flanks, especially the Brazil right and clearly caught Brazil by surprise. Meanwhile Fellaini was a threat in the air that Brazil struggled to deal with. Brazil’s excellent coach, Tite, countered Martinez’s strategy at halftime, but by then Belgium were 2-0 ahead; too much of a lead for a team that good to surrender.4. France continue to improve: Didier Deschamps’ side didn’t look entirely convincing in their first two group games, making hard work of Australia and Peru, but World Cups with a possible 7 games in four weeks are all about evolving and growing as a team in a short span of time. France have done that and a team that looked disjointed in mid-June looks compact, solid and threatening after the first week of July: of course they have a fulcrum called N’golo Kante holding things together for them, allowing Paul Pogba, Griezmann and company to shine. IANS
Mariya Dondonyan | Daily TrojanUSC students demonstrate in Hahn Plaza on Monday in continued protest of the grand jury’s decision not to indict police officer Darren Wilson, who fatally shot Michael Brown on Aug. 9 in Ferguson, Missouri. Protests erupted in downtown Los Angeles following the news of the decision on Monday, Nov. 24, and the campus was temporarily locked down.
Related Stories Gallery: Syracuse takes on St. John’s at Madison Square GardenStorify: Syracuse community reacts to loss at St. John’sSyracuse misses too many shots in upset loss to St. John’sWhat we learned from Syracuse’s loss to St. John’sMalachi Richardson: ‘Shots will fall eventually, that’s what I’m here to do’ Published on December 13, 2015 at 2:11 pm Grade the Orange’s performance against St. John’sABCDFVoteView ResultsCrowdsignal.comGrade the Orange’s performance against St. John’sWho was Syracuse’s MVP of the St. John’s game?Michael GbinijeTyler LydonMalachi RichardsonVoteView ResultsCrowdsignal.comWho was Syracuse’s MVP of the St. John’s game? Comments Facebook Twitter Google+
Share Björn Nilsson: How Triggy is delivering digestible data through pre-set triggers August 28, 2020 Submit Sportradar combats social media abuse with player protection solution August 17, 2020 Related Articles StumbleUpon Share David Lampitt, Sportradar: F1 presents betting’s most sizeable opportunity August 14, 2020 Sportradar has been named the Official and Exclusive Data Partner to Badminton Europe (BEC) for all competitions after signing a comprehensive agreement with the governing body.The multi-year agreement will increase Sportradar’s scope of work with the governing body and adds to the betting and broadcast partnership that has been in place since 2015.Under the terms of the agreement, Sportrar will supply betting operators and media platforms around the world with data from more than 35 BEC tournaments each year. This includes the European Championships, European Men’s & Women’s Team Championships and European Mixed Team Championship in addition to elite circuit events such as the International Challenge and International Series.Lutz Tigges, Senior Director at Sportradar, said: “We value the success we’ve had working alongside Badminton Europe these past few years and the trustful partnership we’ve developed. Together we grew technical and commercial standards including the global reach of Badminton events.“Now, we’re excited to be supporting them as they utilize our broad range of products and services to grow the profile of their sport around the world and work towards their long term commercial goals.”Sportradar will also work alongside BEC to boost awareness of its tournaments across core markets including Asia and Europe, as well as in new and emerging territories.In addition, Sportradar will use its OTT platform to cover match action and editorial content, with coverage from the main events due to be shown on Badmintoneurope.tv. The platform will also feature on demand match content from previous competition draws, webinars and podcasts.Brian Agerbak, General Secretary at Badminton Europe, said: “The extended partnership with Sportradar to include an OTT platform, a new website and a Federation Data Toolkit will strengthen our digital footprint.“It is an important strategic target for us to grow our digital followers and allow them access to our digital services through a single sign on process. Furthermore, growing our media exposure and increasing global visibility for our products are key components for us.“We have been very satisfied with the cooperation with Sportradar in the previous years and we are excited to further develop our profile with such a strong partner by our side.”
Close Forgot password? Please put in your email: Send me my password! Close message Login This blog post All blog posts Subscribe to this blog post’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Subscribe to this blog’s comments through… RSS Feed Subscribe via email Subscribe Follow the discussion Comments (3) Logging you in… Close Login to IntenseDebate Or create an account Username or Email: Password: Forgot login? Cancel Login Close WordPress.com Username or Email: Password: Lost your password? Cancel Login Dashboard | Edit profile | Logout Logged in as Admin Options Disable comments for this page Save Settings Sort by: Date Rating Last Activity Loading comments… You are about to flag this comment as being inappropriate. Please explain why you are flagging this comment in the text box below and submit your report. The blog admin will be notified. Thank you for your input. +2 Vote up Vote down none · 312 weeks ago So are people actualy raising money or just awareness? If they are raising money can you please keep us posted on the tally if possible. This is a good cause and if the community is working together for the common good of a cause it would be kinda interesting to see how much can be accomplished by Wellington when we work together. Report Reply 0 replies · active 312 weeks ago +3 Vote up Vote down CueballSumnernewscow 94p · 312 weeks ago It’s a nice idea, but what people donate is personal. Report Reply 0 replies · active 312 weeks ago -1 Vote up Vote down Christy · 312 weeks ago OK now that everyone is taking the challenge lets all go to Meadow Lanes bowling alley this weekend and support the Michael Day Benefit, its for a GREAT cause and alot of fun!! We as a town should be able to top last years amount if everyone would come out and bowl a game, just like they are doing the ice bucket challenge. Report Reply 0 replies · active 312 weeks ago Post a new comment Enter text right here! Comment as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments Comments by IntenseDebate Enter text right here! Reply as a Guest, or login: Login to IntenseDebate Login to WordPress.com Login to Twitter Go back Tweet this comment Connected as (Logout) Email (optional) Not displayed publicly. Name Email Website (optional) Displayed next to your comments. Not displayed publicly. If you have a website, link to it here. Posting anonymously. Tweet this comment Cancel Submit Comment Subscribe to None Replies All new comments by Tracy McCue, Sumner Newscow â€” Craig Meeker, James Ginter and Colton Day of Wellington recently took the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge the other day. As a result, in one of his challenges, Ginter has challenged members of the Wellington High School Fellowship of Christian Athletes. Let’s see if some in the WHS FCA members have followed through…Stay tuned.Follow us on Twitter.