The government and House of Representatives have agreed to cancel the national exam for elementary, junior high and high school students amid the novel coronavirus pandemic.Syaiful Huda, chairman of House Commission X overseeing education, told the press on Monday night that the decision was made in a teleconference between the lawmakers and Education and Culture Minister Nadiem Makarim on Monday”The spread of the COVID-19 is expected to occur until April, so it is impossible for us to force students to gather for the national exam under the threat of the pandemic. Therefore, we agreed that the national exam will not be administered,” the National Awakening Party (PKB) politician said. There is also the option of implementing an online national exam.“We do not want to gather students in school buildings,” he said.Nadiem previously planned to abolish the national exam and replace it with a very different kind of educational assessment for 2021. However, lawmakers were against the idea.Nadiem in December 2019 explained that the minimum competency assessment referred to a test that would mainly evaluate students’ literacy and numerical competence.The number of coronavirus infections nationwide reached 579 as of Monday, with 49 deaths and 30 recoveries.Topics : The national exam for high school students was supposed to run next week, while junior high and elementary school were scheduled for the end of April.Syaiful added that there were several options the government and lawmakers were looking at to replace the national exam, one of which was to use assessments based on cumulative grades on report cards from three years of study for high school and junior high students, as well as six years of study for elementary students.Read also: Some 70,000 Indonesians could be infected with COVID-19 before Ramadan, scientists say”Later on, the school will calculate the grades considering all aspects on the report cards, including curricular and extracurricular activities,” he said.
Topics : Three players who continue to test positive for COVID-19 teed off together in Thursday’s opening round of the US PGA Workday Charity Open under “clarified” rules for symptomatic participation.South Africa’s Dylan Frittelli and Americans Denny McCarthy and Nick Watney began with pars at the 10th hole at Muirfield Village in their morning start after having limited access to facilities at the Ohio, layout.The PGA Tour protocol guidelines involve players and caddies who meet the US Centers for Disease Control (CDC) “Return to Work” guidelines after consultation with infectious disease experts and PGA medical advisor Dr. Tom Hospel. A 10-day isolation was required for those testing positive but under July 1 revisions, an infected player or caddie can return if there are no symptoms displayed once two negative tests are taken at least 24 hours apart.The CDC and experts say tests used by the tour show the possibility of detecting virus even after infectious aspect of it is gone and a person is no longer contagious.The PGA decided players and caddies who meet that criteria will be grouped together or play alone and have no access to indoor facilities “out of an abundance of caution.””They have complied with the guidance from the CDC, they have met the medical requirements for isolation, and with respect to the opinions of our medical advisors, including infectious disease experts and the CDC, they’re clear to play,” PGA Tour vice president for administration Andy Levinson said. Those allow condition returns to competition for players and caddies who continue to test positive for coronavirus if at least 10 days have passed since the symptoms first appeared and 72 hours have passed since fever has disappeared and issues such as cough and shortness of breath have improved.”In the beginning stages of the illness, that virus is assumed to be active virus that can cause infection, can be contagious,” Hospel said.”As time passes and as symptoms resolve (the) theory is that this virus, this particle that has being detected… is no longer active or contagious.”What we’ve learned along the way is that in some instances, individuals can continue to test positive for weeks if not months beyond when their illness started, and the thought is that those individuals are no longer contagious.”
Reinhardt and Prutzman held onto second and third. Reinhardt, making only his second start of the year, led for most of the race although he was challenged early by Kepner. By Frank Buhrman “The track didn’t slick off quite as much as I thought it would for the feature,” Duke said in victory lane, “so we were a little tight at the beginning, but the longer we ran, the better we got. Those guys started coming back to me a little bit, and my eyes got a little bit bigger, and we went after them, and we were lucky enough to pull it off.” SELINSGROVE, Pa. (July 27) – Ken Duke Jr. capped a perfect racing weekend with a late pass for the lead and his second straight hometown victory in Saturday’s 20-lap Pennsylvania Sprint Series feature at Selinsgrove Speedway. The Selinsgrove IMCA RaceSaver Sprint Car win followed Duke’s victory Friday at Clinton County Motor Speedway and was his seventh of the year in PASS competition; he also has won with the Laurel Highlands Sprint Series. The remaining three contenders battled until lap 12, when Duke got around Prutzman for second on lap 12. Once Duke got by Reinhardt he never looked back, stretching his winning margin to 4.035 seconds by the checkered flag. Feature results – 1. Ken Duke Jr.; 2. Tyler Reinhardt; 3. Keith Prutzman; 4. Devin Adams; 5. Doug Dodson; 6. Dave Brown; 7. Cale Reigle; 8. Dylan Proctor; 9. Larry McVay; 10. Landon Price; 11. Jake Frye; 12. Dylan Shatzer; 13. Dave Wickham; 14. Mike Alleman; 15. Jimmy White; 16. Kyle Keen; 17. Ian Cumens; 18. Dave Graber; 19. Erin Statler; 20. Domenic Melair; 21. Colton Hoover; 22. Will Brunson; 23. Dan Leaper; 24. Wally Eshenaur; 25. Josh Spicer; 26. Kruz Kepner Ken Duke Jr. completed a weekend sweep with the Saturday night Pennsylvania Sprint Series checkers at Selinsgrove Speedway. (Photo by Christi Baker) “Those guys” referred to in Duke’s comments were polesitter Tyler Reinhardt, Kruz Kepner and Keith Prutzman, who were all involved in the battle for the lead.