• Home
  • Tag: 爱上海P

FERC Data Show Coal, Nuclear Capacity Dropping, While Renewables Surge

first_imgFERC Data Show Coal, Nuclear Capacity Dropping, While Renewables Surge FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享North American Clean Energy:In the latest issue of its “Energy Infrastructure Update” (with data through November 30, 2017), the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC) notes that proposed net additions to generating capacity by utility-scale wind and solar could total 115,984 megawatts (MW) by December 2020—effectively doubling their current installed capacity of 115,520 MW.At the same time, the FERC report suggests that coal might experience a net decline of 18,723 MW (equivalent to 6.60% of current capacity) while nuclear power drops by 2,342 MW (equivalent to 2.16% of current capacity).The numbers were released as FERC prepares for a January 10 meeting to consider U.S. Department of Energy Secretary Rick Perry’s proposal for a bail out of the coal and nuclear industries. FERC’s data also outlines the retirement of 10,803 MW of natural gas capacity by the end of 2020 but offset by the potential addition of 92,489 MW for a net gain of 81,686 MW—an amount that would increase current natural gas capacity by 15.82%. Oil generating capacity would remain largely unchanged with retirements of 571 MW and additions of 762 MW.Proposed additions for wind total 72,526 MW with only 68 MW of retired capacity while solar could add 43,528 MW and experience just 2 MW of retirements. Hydropower, while retiring 706 MW, would grow by 12,732 MW. Biomass might add 945 MW and retire 47 MW while geothermal could expand by 1,610 MW without any retirements. In total, proposed net generation additions for the mix of renewable sources totals 130,518 MW.More: FERC Report Outlines Potential Doubling of Solar and Wind Capacity by 2020 as Coal and Nuclear Experience Sharp Declineslast_img read more

Pre-game protest planned after Wellington rugby player who bashed four people escapes conviction

first_img“This isn’t just a minor punch.”Meanwhile, Family First said today that it was requesting an appeal of the sentence.“If offenders don’t want to live with the consequences of their actions and the effects on their professional careers, then they should behave,” said National Director Bob McCoskrie. The case has attracted significant media attention, with the four victims and their families questioning why Filipo’s promising rugby career apparently helped him escape punishment.“The severity of the concussion could have long-term effects,” Kim Morgan, mother of victim Greg Morgan, told Newshub. TVNZ One News 27 September 2016A pre-game protest is planned against Wellington Rugby’s decision to keep on a player who was discharged without conviction following attacks on four people, including two women, in one night.Under-19 winger Losi Filipo had been charged with assault following an incident in central Wellington in October last year, when he was 17 and still at secondary school.Now 18, he was last month discharged without conviction in the District Court.center_img Mr McCoskrie said it was a “pathetic sentence for a prolonged and multi-victim attack which has had long-term consequences for the victims”.READ MORE: https://www.tvnz.co.nz/one-news/sport/rugby/pre-game-protest-planned-after-wellington-rugby-player-bashed-four-people-escapes-convictionRugby star Losi Filipo’s victim living a nightmare after late-night punchNZ Herald 27 September 2016One of the women felled by a punch from a Wellington representative rugby player says her face is permanently scarred by the brutal attack and she’s too scared to walk to her local shops.Her comments come as a family group say they will appeal the decision to discharge Losi Filipo without conviction.Today a national family organisation weighed in saying it would be writing to the Solicitor General to appeal the sentence.Family First national director Bob McCroskrie said the sentence set a dangerous precedent and undermined a community resolve to stamp out violence.“This case involved significant violence towards both males and females. To be discharged without conviction is insulting and pathetic, and communicates that punishments and consequences will be determined by who you are rather than what you did,” said McCoskrie.READ MORE: http://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/news/article.cfm?c_id=1&objectid=11717645Officials’ support for Losi Filipo ‘disgraceful’NewsHub 27 September 2016The Solicitor-General is looking into the case of Wellington Lions rugby player Losi Filipo following an outcry over him being discharged without conviction.In a response to a letter from Family First, in which they ask for an appeal of Judge Bruce Davidson’s sentence, Crown Law says it is now “looking into this matter”.It would not comment further.The letter, signed by national director Bob McCoskrie, calls the outcome of the case “pathetic”.In a one-line statement, police have told Newshub they will “take time” to consider the outcome of the court process.READ MORE: http://www.newshub.co.nz/nznews/officials-support-for-losi-filipo-disgraceful-2016092708Solicitor-General ‘looking into’ Filipo dischargeNewsTalk ZB 27 September 2016The Solicitor-General’s office says it is looking into the discharge of a young rugby player without conviction after attacks on four people, including two women, in one night.On Tuesday, a spokeswoman for Crown Law said the Solicitor-General had become aware of the case in the last day due to media attention.“We are now looking into this matter and will not be commenting further at this time,” she said.Earlier, lobby group Family First said they would be writing to the Solicitor- General asking for an appeal, saying the sentence sent a dangerous message.READ MORE: http://www.newstalkzb.co.nz/news/national/solicitor-general-looking-into-filipo-discharge/Crown Law weighs inWellington Rugby terminates Losi Filipo’s contract after assault case outrageStuff.co.nz 27 September 2016Wellington Rugby and Losi Filipo have announced that they have mutually agreed to the termination of his contract.Filipo, 18, withdrew himself from the Wellington Lions 2016 Mitre 10 Cup squad on Tuesday in a move that Wellington Rugby said he hoped would go some way towards helping the victims of his assault move on with their lives.It came at the end of a day of increasing pressure on the union from the public and from the victims of the assault.The solicitor-general confirmed her office would investigate the circumstances behind Filipo being let off assault charges.But on Tuesday Crown Law confirmed it would investigate the case.That came after Family First wrote to Solicitor-General Una Jagose requesting an appeal of the decision by Crown Law.READ MORE: http://www.stuff.co.nz/sport/rugby/84686129/assault-victim-calls-for-wellington-rugby-to-drop-losi-filipolast_img read more

St. Nicholas celebrates Education Center ribbon-cutting ceremony

first_imgSunman, IN—On Sunday, August 4, 2019, over 400 parishioners, alumni, students,  staff and members of the community gathered to celebrate the blessing and dedication of the newly constructed Education Center at a ribbon-cutting ceremony.   The ceremony included a blessing of the building and remarks by Archbishop Charles Thompson.  Tours and a luncheon followed. The Education Center has officially opened its doors to the 2019-2020 school year!  The new building replaces the former school which was built in 1881.   St. Nicholas continues to achieve new heights of academic success and is now prepared for the continued growth of their school.  The new facility includes nine classrooms, a combination library/music room, and a combination STEM lab/art room.  The rooms will be used for St. Nicholas School, adult education, religious education programming, and other parish activities.  An office suite will bring together parish, school, and religious education offices.Through the generosity of many families and many prayers offered, this completes Phase 1 of The Heritage Project.   This project focuses on continuing the Catholic heritage of faith, demonstrating strong Christian values, and promoting Catholic education, service, and fellowship.  Reverend Shaun Whittington, pastor, launched and spearheaded the Heritage Project.  His ongoing, vigorous dedication has brought the parish and school to this milestone. Fundraising continues for Phase 2, which focuses on a new Fellowship Center including a gym and cafeteria.  The center will house many school and parish-wide activities, ministries, and large community functions.  For more information, please visit our website:  www.stnicholas-sunman.orglast_img read more