FacebookTwitterLinkedInEmailPrint分享Energy Storage News:Macquarie Capital Korea, a subsidiary of investment firm Macquarie Group, has signed a memorandum of understanding (MoU) with the county office of Goesan in South Korea to finance a significant solar-plus-storage project, while it has also invested in what is said to be the largest energy storage project in the country.A company spokesperson confirmed to Energy Storage News that the MoU is for a 16MW solar PV project with 35MWh of energy storage capacity in Goesan, North Chungcheong Province, central Korea. This project would supply power to the equivalent of 7,700 homes each year.Separately, Macquarie has also invested in energy storage projects at five of steel manufacturer SeAH Group’s factories in Korea. The overall combined project base of 175MWh will be the largest in Korea, the company claimed.Notably, South Korea’s Doosan Heavy Industries is also set to install a 70MWh standalone energy storage system at its own facilities in Changwon, as well as a smaller battery installation co-located with solar PV.The Macquarie project is expected to save KRW130 billion (US$115 million) in electricity costs for the factories over the next 15 years through peak shavingMore: Macquarie to finance solar hybrid and ‘largest’ energy storage project in South Korea Macquarie backs solar plus storage project in South Korea
Sign up for our COVID-19 newsletter to stay up-to-date on the latest coronavirus news throughout New York An alleged hit-and-run driver has been arrested for crashing his SUV into a stroller with a 3-year-old girl inside and fleeing the scene in Shirley on Monday afternoon, Suffolk County police said.Scott Shea was driving a Jeep northbound on William Floyd Parkway, when he struck a 3-year-old girl that was riding in a stroller south of Montauk Highway shortly before 4 p.m., police said.The victim was airlifted to Stony Brook University Hospital, where she was being treated for non-life-threatening injuries.The 30-year-old Middle Island man was charged with leaving the scene of an accident.He will be arraigned Tuesday at First District Court in Central Islip.Detectives are continuing the investigation.The case is the second alleged hit-and-run in Shirley in less than a week.
Press Association Dan Petrescu has denied he is a candidate to become Crystal Palace manager and insisted he is happy at Dynamo Moscow. The former Chelsea defender had been strongly linked with the post at Selhurst Park, which has been vacant since Ian Holloway departed almost a month ago. But Petrescu told Sovetsky Sport: “First, I want to say that I do not conduct negotiations with other clubs when I’m under contract. If they spoke to someone, it was only to my agent. Former Inter boss Andrea Stramaccioni and, most surprisingly, ex-Palace boss Iain Dowie remain reported possibilities for the south Londoners, although Pulis has now emerged as the frontrunner. Pulis was installed as the early favourite when Holloway left the club on October 23 with the Eagles having taken just three points from their opening eight games. The Welshman guided Stoke to promotion to the Premier League in 2008 during his second spell in charge and engineered the club to five mid-table finishes as well as the FA Cup final in 2011 before departing by mutual consent last summer. “Secondly, I love England, I am pleased that the English clubs remember my name and I would work there, but right now it’s impossible. “The contract with Dynamo is for another year and a half and I’m happy here. I want to stay.” Former Stoke boss Tony Pulis has emerged as the favourite to take the reins at Palace, who are six points adrift of Barclays Premier League safety ahead of Saturday’s trip to Hull. There has been speculation Pulis could be appointed in time for the match at the KC Stadium but Palace confirmed that caretaker manager Keith Millen will conduct the pre-match press conference on Thursday. Millen has been in charge for three games, picking up his first point in their most recent match when the Eagles held Everton to a goalless draw. Speaking earlier this week, Millen told Sky Sports News: “I spoke to the chairman on Sunday. He asked me to organise this week’s training and prepare for the Hull game on Saturday. That’s as much as I know at the moment.” Ex-Real Madrid assistant manager Aitor Karanka was heavily linked with the post, only to take over at Middlesbrough last week. Another reported target was Wales manager Chris Coleman, although he is also now out of the running after signing a new contract with the Welsh FA during the international break.
Every one of Africa’s 54 member countries will vote for Sepp Blatter in next month’s Fifa presidential election, the president of the Confederation of African Football, Issa Hayatou, said on Tuesday.“Africa is comfortable having you. Africa stays with you,” Hayatou said in a speech to open Caf’s annual congress in Cairo, at which Blatter is present.Although the individual countries do not have to follow Hayatou’s directive, Africa is expected to be a strong base of support for Blatter. With 54 of the 209 Fifa member countries eligible to vote in the presidential election in Zurich on 29 May, Africa is the largest of the six continental confederations.Blatter is seeking a fifth term in office to extend a reign that began in 1998. The Fifa vice-president Prince Ali bin al-Hussein of Jordan, the Dutch FA head, Michael van Praag, and the former Portugal international Luís Figo are standing against him. Those three challengers will not be addressing Caf delegates.In his speech to the congress in Cairo, Blatter reflected on Africa’s achievements during his time as Fifa president, including the continent’s first World Cup in South Africa in 2010.He said Hayatou, who has led CAF for 27 years despite allegations of corruption and an official reprimand by the International Olympic Committee, was a pillar of African football. –