• Home
  • Tag: 上海夜生活男人好去处

LIAT to offer daily flights to Trinidad

first_imgRegional carrier LIAT has announced they will be introducing daily flights between Guyana and Trinidad, commencing on July 1 with the intent of connecting the two strategic points in the Caribbean.According to the airline, customers would have the limited opportunity to fly from the Eugene F Correia International Airport to Trinidad for only US$200, providing they book before May 31.LIAT’s Chief Executive Officer Julie Reifer-Jones said with the introduction of the new service, it would boost their destinations from 14 to 15. She explained that the airline has also been working assiduously to boost their on-time performance,LIAT’s Chief Executive Officer, Julie Reifer-Joneswhich currently stands at over 80 per cent for 2018.“We offer you the choice of connecting as far as Puerto Rico. We are proud of the improvements in our on-time performance. Even with the hurricanes last year, we were recording significant improvements in our on-time performance and we ended the year with a 68 per cent compared with 49 per cent before,” she noted.Reifer-Jones said with the launch of the new service, it would provide another important connection for their customers.“This daily service will help connect these two strategic points in the Caribbean for persons, whether it is for business or pleasure. This will give us three daily flights in Guyana and three flights out. We see this as critical because we think Guyana is an important market for LIAT and a growing market which we want to be able to take the opportunity to be a part of,” she said.Also at the launch was Business Minister Dominic Gaskin, who welcomed the service, noting that it would help to address the lack of airlift to and from Guyana. Gaskin said it was related during the recently concluded Inter-American Congress of Ministers and High-Level Authorities of Tourism, that there were difficulties in accessing flight to Guyana; hence, he described the new service as one that is timely.LIAT’s Head of Sales and Marketing, Egbert Riley explained that the airline has big plans for Guyana. He also stated that the Guyanese market is one of the most important markets for the carrier since it would have shuttled over 70,000 passengers in 2017.last_img read more

Harmon denies bribing Duncan to resign

first_img…tribunal to hear 1st witness todayMinister of State, Joseph Harmon has rejected claims made by trade unionist Carvil Duncan that Government offered money in exchange for his resignation as Chairperson of the Public Service Commission (PSC) in light of his court charges.According to a public statement released on Sunday, “The Office of the Minister of State categorically denies the assertion made by Mr Carvil Duncan that he was offered monies by the Minister of State or the President.”The statement conceded that meetings were indeed held where Duncan was “gracefully” asked to vacate the positions he currently holds on several constitutional service commissions given his current trial for allegedly stealing $984,900 and conspiring to steal $27,757,500 from the Guyana Power and Light (GPL).Harmon’s office said Duncan indicated that he would discuss the matter with his family and return with a decision; however, he never did, which prompted President David Granger to establish a tribunal to determine his fate.However, Duncan, in a missive on Saturday evening, indicated that he made attempts to make contact with the Minister following the meeting, but all attempts proved futile.He also alleged that both Harmon and the President offered him money to step down from his post on the Public Service Commission, which would automatically result in his removal from the Judicial Service Commission and the Police Service Commission.“President Granger insisted I resign as Chairman of the Public Service Commission to be followed by the other constitutional service commissions. He then said to me as much as three times, that ‘he does not want any blood on his carpet’… The President offered me a financial package under the same conditions as had been offered by Minister Harmon if I were to resign as he insisted,” Duncan claimed in his statement.The embattled official also insisted that he never received a letter from Prime Minister Moses Nagamootoo asking him to justify why a tribunal should not be established to address his removal from his posts.Reports indicate that Nagamootoo wrote Duncan asking him to show cause why a tribunal should not be established to address the question of his removal from constitutional office.Given his non-response, the President took a decision to establish the tribunal to investigate and recommend whether Duncan should be removed from his offices for his inability to discharge his function and/or misbehaviour.The tribunal members comprise Chairperson Justice Roxanne George, Justice Winston Patterson and Attorney-at-Law Robert Ramcharran.Duncan was charged and placed before the courts over the alleged theft of monies.He was placed on $1 million bail in February last after he had appeared in the Magistrates Court charged with larceny to which he pleaded not guilty.Police alleged that on March 31, 2015 at Georgetown, he stole $984,900, property of GPL.It is also alleged that he conspired with GPL’s then Deputy Chief Executive Officer, Aeshwar Deonarine to steal the money and to commit a felony, namely, he conspired to steal $27,757,500, property of the utility company.The tribunal will hear its first witness today.last_img read more

Should I Stay.com or Should I Go? Social Travel 2.0

first_imgTags:#user-generated content#web After months of work, social trip planner Stay.com is getting ready to unshutter and launch a much more robust Version 2.0. “Basically, we created 2.0 by filling in all the blanks other sites like Expedia, TripIt, TripAdvisor, NileGuide, and all the others left undone,” said Phil Butler, PR rep for the company. When Stay.com first launched, it featured a very limited roster of cities. When Stay.com 2.0 launches on June 15th, it will do so with 50 cities instead of a handful and with the same assisted-DIY, social travel focus. Stay.com 2.0 will offer templates and travel information from previous users, as well as the ability to add your own research in order to build a guide to a place. Each added element, called an “object” can be pulled into others’ guides or itineraries, which they call “stays.” Social web elements create communication across boundaries between travelers, turning it from a source to a platform. Traditional and necessary elements of travel sites, like booking assistance and reservations are also provided. Social media elements are not rare in travel sites and Stay.com is not battling in a wide-open arena. Dopplr, TripSay, TripWiser and Nextstop are all heavily focused on online social contributions. Turning each entry, photo and other piece of information into an “object” that can be re-purposed by a traveler for each new “stay,” makes it intriguing. So does the ability to draw from standard design and presentation elements, giving it a professional look. If, as they promise, the drive for full mobility is achieved, that will help as well. But because each new guide adds to the overall utility of the site, the development and sustainability of a community is likely to be key to Stay.com’s success. Why Tech Companies Need Simpler Terms of Servic… 8 Best WordPress Hosting Solutions on the Market A Web Developer’s New Best Friend is the AI Wai…center_img Top Reasons to Go With Managed WordPress Hosting Related Posts curt hopkinslast_img read more

3 more held in Ludhiana gang-rape case

first_imgThree more persons were held on Thursday in connection with the gang-rape of a 21-year-old woman near Issewal village here, taking the total number of those nabbed in the case to six. “All six accused involved in the case have been arrested,” DGP Dinkar Gupta said here.last_img

Video Norwegian Bliss Floated Out

first_img<span data-mce-type=”bookmark” style=”display: inline-block; width: 0px; overflow: hidden; line-height: 0;” class=”mce_SELRES_start”></span>Norwegian Cruise Line’s latest newbuilding, the Norwegian Bliss, was floated out on Saturday, February 17 from the covered building dock at the Papenburg-based MeyerWerft yard in Germany.The mega cruise ship has been berthed at the shipyard’s outfitting pier to be fitted with its funnel.The the 167,800 gross ton ship will remain in the shipyard port until its passage through the river Ems up to the North Sea, which is scheduled for the second weekend in March.In the meantime, further outfitting work will continue together with testing and acceptance procedures by the ship owners.At the same time, the approx. 1,600 members of the crew will start their training on board, as the cruise ship will be welcoming its first guests mid-April 2018 straight after delivery.Norwegian Bliss is the third ship in the line’s Breakaway-Plus class and it will have the capacity to accommodate 4,000 guests.The ship features a two-level go-cart racing track spanning around 1000 feet, making it the largest race track at sea. Among other amenities of the ship are a laser-tag course, a high-end barbecue venue, a water slide that sends riders out over the ocean.During its inaugural summer 2018 season, Norwegian Bliss will sail weekly seven-day Alaska cruises each Saturday from the recently expanded Pier 66 Cruise Terminal in Seattle. The ship’s itinerary will feature calls in Ketchikan, Juneau, Skagway and Victoria, British Columbia, along with scenic glacier cruising.However, the very floating out procedure required several maneuvers to be carried out at the crowded yard.Namely, in order for Norwegian Bliss to be able to berth at the out-fitting pier, the first floating section of the AIDAnova that was moored there was moved to another berth in the shipyard port.The second floating part of the ship that was also in the building dock II in front of the Norwegian Bliss had to leave the dock already on February 16 to berth in the shipyard port.After Norwegian Bliss has vacated the building dock II, the two floating parts of the AIDAnova will be maneuvered back into the dock for work to continue.Image & Video Courtesy: Inseelvideolast_img read more

Maersk Bolsters Rules on Dangerous Goods Stowage

first_imgzoomImage Courtesy: Indian Coast Guard Following the fatal Maersk Honam fire that claimed the lives of five seafarers, Danish industry major Maersk has implemented new guidelines on stowage of dangerous goods to improve safety across its containership fleet of over 750 ships.The company said that it has developed a new set of principles called Risk Based Dangerous Goods Stowage, and is now calling on the industry stakeholders to conduct a comprehensive Hazard Identification study in order to validate them. The new guidelines have reviewed over 3,000 of United Nations (UN) numbers of hazardous materials, as well as different containership designs, resulting in the defining of six different risk zones.The principles have also been presented to the International Maritime Organization (IMO) as well as the Danish Maritime Authorities.“All cargo aboard Maersk Honam was accepted as per the requirements of the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code and stowed onboard the vessel accordingly. Despite this, as the fire originated in a cargo hold in front of the accommodation which held several containers with dangerous goods, it had an unbearably tragic outcome,” says Ole Graa Jakobsen, Head of Fleet Technology at Maersk. “This clearly showed us that the international regulations and practices with regards to dangerous goods stowage needs to be reviewed in order to optimally protect crew, cargo, environment and vessels.”As a result, Maersk said that cargo covered under the International Maritime Dangerous Goods Code will no longer be stowed next to accommodation and main propulsion plant which is defined as the zone with the lowest risk tolerance.Similarly, risk tolerance will be low below deck and in the middle of the vessel, whereas the risk tolerance will be higher on deck fore and aft. Utilising statistics on container fires in the Cargo Incident Notification System (CINS), Maersk defined which UN numbers can be stored in each risk zone.The company plans to continue to review its rules and policies for accepting dangerous goods and assess how to further improve them.Together with other members of the CINS, Maersk is seeking to channel these experiences into developing new industry best practices.“Containership fires are a problem for our entire industry and we intend to share and discuss our learnings from this thorough review within relevant industry forums. We very much believe that discussions, views and insights among container carriers can further improve fire safety in our industry,” says Jakobsen.In the coming months, a review aimed at creating best management practices for dangerous goods stowage will be undertaken with participation from ABS, Lloyds Register, the International Group of PandI Clubs, National Cargo Bureau, the TT Club and Exis Technologies.Once the project is completed the best management practices will be published and presented to the IMO.On Tuesday 6 March 2018, Maersk Honam reported a serious fire. The boxship was carrying dangerous goods in the cargo hold where the fire originated, however at this time, there is no evidence to suggest that dangerous goods caused the fire, Maersk indicated.Investigation into the root cause of the fire in the cargo hold is still underway.last_img read more

Saudi King Salmans brother dies at 96

first_imgRiyadh: Saudi Arabia was gearing up Monday for the funeral of King Salman’s elder brother, the royal court said, after he died at the age of 96. “His Royal Highness Prince Bandar bin Abdulaziz al-Saud passed away,” the royal court said Sunday in a brief statement carried by the official Saudi Press Agency. “A funeral prayer will be performed for his soul… on Monday… at the Grand Mosque in Mecca.” The prince was the eldest surviving son of Saudi Arabia’s founding monarch, King Abdulaziz. Also Read – Saudi Crown Prince ‘snubbed’ Pak PM, recalled jet from US The royal court did not elaborate on the cause of his death, but some local media said he had been ill for several years. He was not said to be a politically active member of the royal Al-Saud family which counts thousands of members, only a handful of whom wield direct influence over the kingdom. His sons, however, hold key government positions. Prince Faisal bin Bandar is the governor of Riyadh while Prince Abdullah bin Bandar is the head of the Saudi National Guard. His death comes as King Salman’s son, Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman — who sidelined his cousin as heir to the throne — consolidates his grip on power.last_img read more